STUDIO MA is a nationally renowned, innovative design studio seeking a practiced Advanced Architect with excellent design skills, and 10 years minimum professional experience. The position will require a strong working knowledge of Revit and all applicants should have documented at least one project using the program. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for environmental stewardship through their work and interests and will be able to capture the vision of our firm.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect, or holding NCARB Certification
SKILLS + QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional design and critical thinking skills
- Thorough working knowledge of building codes, standards and construction
- Completion of multiple construction document sets and construction administration experience
- Experience in project management, and oversight of several project team members.
- Comfort in working independently; demonstrates professionalism in dealing with a variety of clients, consultants and vendors
- Leadership and management skills with experience over-seeing multiple junior team members
- Technical skills must include Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and preferably SketchUp, and 3DMax
- Technical skills that include energy modeling using IES, Energy Plus Sefaira, and/or eQuest are preferred
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and communication skills
STUDIO MA (www.studioma.com) has risen to national prominence quickly while maintaining and fostering the camaraderie and teamwork of a small practice. Our work advances sustainable design, including net zero energy and water use, while making livable and beautiful buildings. The philosophy of the Studio is embodied by the concept of Ma, a Japanese term that acknowledges the dynamic relationship between objects and their surrounding environment. This concern extends our practice to multiple scales, from the making of a residence to the complex urban and natural contexts at universities and cultural institutions where we are exploring how buildings can become more restorative through concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry.
We hold ourselves and each another to high professional standards while enjoying the opportunities life gives us. We are a growing practice, more laterally organized, encourages and fosters ownership. Our clients include prominent colleges and universities, museums and cultural institutions, developers and individuals. We are one of 16 national firms awarded international work with the US Department of State, beginning this spring, 2019 through 2024. Founded in 2003, Studio Ma is a woman-owned business seeking more diversity as we grow. We have a sister company, artHAUS Projects, that develops urban housing.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected] with “Advanced Architect” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.