STUDIO MA is a nationally renowned, innovative design studio seeking a practiced Intermediate Architect with excellent design skills, and 4-7 years professional experience. The position will require a strong working knowledge of Revit and all applicants should have documented at least one project using the program. The best candidate will have a demonstrated enthusiasm for environmental stewardship through their work and interests and will be able to capture the vision of our firm.
education + experience
- 4-7 years professional experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture
skill and qualifications
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and structures
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation
- Comfort in working independently; demonstrates professionalism in dealing with a variety of clients, consultants and vendors
- Technical skills must include Revit, AutoCAD, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and preferably conceptual 3D modeling software (SketchUp, Rhino or 3D Max).
- Technical skills that include energy modeling using IES, Energy Plus Sefaira, and/or eQuest are preferred
- Dynamo or scripting experience is preferred
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and verbal communication skills
STUDIO MA (www.studioma.com) has risen to national prominence quickly while maintaining and fostering the camaraderie and teamwork of a small practice. Our work advances sustainable design, including net zero energy and water use, while making livable and beautiful buildings. The philosophy of the Studio is embodied by the concept of Ma, a Japanese term that acknowledges the dynamic relationship between objects and their surrounding environment. This concern extends our practice to multiple scales, from the making of a residence to the complex urban and natural contexts at universities and cultural institutions where we are exploring how buildings can become more restorative through concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry.
We hold ourselves and each another to high professional standards while enjoying the opportunities life gives us. We are a growing practice, more laterally organized, encourages and fosters ownership. Our clients include prominent colleges and universities, museums and cultural institutions, developers and individuals. We are one of 16 national firms awarded international work with the US Department of State, beginning this fall, 2018 through 2023. Founded in 2003, Studio Ma is a woman-owned business seeking more diversity as we grow. We have a sister company, artHAUS Projects, that develops urban housing.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected] with “Intermediate Architect” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.