STUDIO MA is a nationally renowned, innovative design studio seeking a candidate to support our management and administrative needs with implementing office policies, procedures, and operations. The position will require developing a strong working knowledge of national policies and regulations in support of our work with U.S. Government agencies. The best candidate will have exceptional attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to manage and administer complex policies.
education + experience
- 5+ years professional experience
- Associates degree or higher
skills + qualifications
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of internal staff and clients
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills with the ability to work in a team-based environment
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, and general computer knowledge and skills
- Ability to work independently and contend with frequently changing priorities and deadlines
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and confidentiality in dealing with a variety of clients, consultants and vendors
- Self-motivated, energetic, and organized, with strong graphic and communication skills
- Travel: 10% domestic and international
essential duties + responsibilities
- Support Principals with all administrative needs, including security procedures related to U.S. government contract work
- Responsible for maintaining digital and/or physical document filing and file management policies
- Oversee and implement office policies and procedures in conjunction with Principal-led initiatives
- Develop and maintain procedures and schedules for maintaining office functionality including the office facility, technology systems, and general maintenance
- Responsible for visitor and office hospitality functions
- Assist with domestic and international travel arrangements, including coordinating itinerary, transportation, lodging, meals, events, and coordination with client and consultant representatives.
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the Managing Principal or other Principals.
STUDIO MA (www.studioma.com) has risen to national prominence quickly while maintaining and fostering the camaraderie and teamwork of a small practice. Our work advances sustainable design, including net zero energy and water use, while making livable and beautiful buildings. The philosophy of the Studio is embodied by the concept of Ma, a Japanese term that acknowledges the dynamic relationship between objects and their surrounding environment. This concern extends our practice to multiple scales, from the making of a residence to the complex urban and natural contexts at universities and cultural institutions where we are exploring how buildings can become more restorative through concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry.
We hold ourselves and each another to high professional standards while enjoying the opportunities life gives us. We are a growing practice, more laterally organized, encourages and fosters ownership. Our clients include prominent colleges and universities, museums and cultural institutions, developers and individuals. We are one of 16 national firms awarded international work with the US Department of State, beginning this fall, 2018 through 2023. Founded in 2003, Studio Ma is a woman-owned business seeking more diversity as we grow. We have a sister company, artHAUS Projects, that develops urban housing.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com with “Senior Administrator” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.