STUDIO MA is a nationally renowned, innovative design studio seeking a talented individual with excellent design and technical skills, and the ability to work both independently in a self-directed manner as well as collaboratively within a project team. The individual should have a technology-driven background and experience managing Revit / BIM (Building Information Modeling) projects. The best candidate will have a demonstrated ability to merge skills in computer networking with architecture and building modeling to support the vision of our firm.
education + experience
- 5+ years of related professional experience; 5+ years of Revit experience with expert Revit skills
- Prior firm-wide CAD/BIM management preferred
- Five-Year Bachelor’s, or Master’s Degree in Architecture
- Game design, VR skills preferred
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with, technology, including IT support
skills + qualifications
- Experience with all aspects of professional services from schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise
- Expert-level experience with modeling, organizing, coordinating, and documenting complete and complex buildings in Revit from Conceptual Design through Construction Administration.
- Proficiency with creating of custom, parametric families is required
- Experience with BIM 360 and post-occupancy/analysis preferred
- Proficiency with Navisworks and the production and reconciliation of clash detection reports is required; experience with 4&5D modeling preferred.
- Proficient with all typical AEC software, including Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Rhino, SketchUp, and Bluebeam/Acrobat; proficiency with Adobe Premier, After Effects, or Final Effects Pro preferred
- Scripting experience with Dynamo and/or Grasshopper required
- Proficient with rendering using Mental Ray or Vray, or 3DS Max; proficiency with Unreal Engine, or other real-time renders preferred
- Knowledge and use of VR preferred
- Experience with IT support and maintaining office LAN required
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills; exceptional graphic and communication skills.
duties + responsibilities
- Develop and maintain consistent office standards across Revit and ACAD platforms, including creating and maintaining project templates, and organizing content libraries, providing in-office training, resolving technical issues for project teams, and engaging with senior staff and principals to test and refine new processes
- Lead the office in BIM best-practices, and provide office-wide and project-specific modeling support and content creation
- Develop and maintain office BIM execution plans
- Manage software updates and deployments; research and make recommendations to management for new software, plug-ins, and/or technologies to advance office capabilities in rendering, lighting and sustainability analysis
- Support local networking and information systems, including assisting in maintaining IT security and auditing procedures, and general IT maintenance
- Provide desktop and server support for Windows and Mac-based equipment, including service patches, updates, and OS support
- Manage IT disaster recovery and business continuity planning
STUDIO MA (www.studioma.com) has risen to national prominence quickly while maintaining and fostering the camaraderie and teamwork of a small practice. Our work advances sustainable design, including net zero energy and water use, while making livable and beautiful buildings. The philosophy of the Studio is embodied by the concept of Ma, a Japanese term that acknowledges the dynamic relationship between objects and their surrounding environment. This concern extends our practice to multiple scales, from the making of a residence to the complex urban and natural contexts at universities and cultural institutions where we are exploring how buildings can become more restorative through concepts such as biophilia and biomimicry.
We hold ourselves and each another to high professional standards while enjoying the opportunities life gives us. We are a growing practice, more laterally organized, encourages and fosters ownership. Our clients include prominent colleges and universities, museums and cultural institutions, developers and individuals. We are one of 16 national firms awarded international work with the US Department of State, beginning this fall, 2018 through 2023. Founded in 2003, Studio Ma is a woman-owned business seeking more diversity as we grow. We have a sister company, artHAUS Projects, that develops urban housing.
Please submit resume and portfolio along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com with “BIM+technologist” in the subject line. Please do not send attachments exceeding 4 MB. Responses without cover letter will be discarded without review. No phone calls, please.